Thursday, 18 August 2016

Finally an Australian Book Tag #AussieBookTag

So I plugged this a few days ago! But basically me and Ngoc collaborated & made a book tag. An Australian based one with Aussie questions! Enjoyyyy & Thanks to everyone who signed up to get tagged (and good luck to the people I tagged because I think they're great)

Here are the questions and my answers...

Koala: A character you want to cuddle ALL DAY LONG
Oh I know this one alright. Clark from The Unexpected Everything. Not to steal him from Andie. Just to hug him, and tell him that he is one of the best characters ever invented and just thank him for being the best fiction boyfriend for Andie.


Vegemite: A book you love that everyone else hates
The Crowns Game. I don't know why all of a sudden everyone has turned on this book. It was overhyped. And then it wasn't and now everyone hates this book. Well, I loved it. I have written a review for this book which will be up soon. In which I rave about it!

Socceroos: Favourite fictional squad
Ahhh there's so many!!!

Let me make a list:

-Nevernight Squad (Shaiid's) because those teachers are seriously boss as!
-Their Fractured Light Squad because seriously hackers, military personal & CON ARTISTS ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
-The Lunar Chronicles- That mismatched fairytale squad have some serious attitude!
-A Court of Mist and Fury- Honestly, do I need to say anything here.
-That squad of The Unexpected Everything girls are pretty damn goals for a contemporary book!

Southern cross: Most recent 5-star read
The Unexpected Everything this book lived up to the hype and is a serious must read for contemporary and any READER! Seriously loved it and it contains one of the most brilliant characters to ever exist: Clark. 

Patriotism: Favourite book by an author from your country
Isn't it obvious. I have so many loves. Another list? Sounds good!
- The Yearbook Committee
-Yellow
-The Things I Didn't Say
-Nona and Me
-Writing Clementine
-The Starbound Trilogy (This counts right? Half Aussie)

Echidna: A book you like to look at, but it physically hurts to read.

Can I say everything above ^^? Excluding all of the books up there, Definitely Whisper to Me by Nick Lake. That book with it's damn ending is painfully beautiful to read!
Ned Kelly: A book that is really grim, but an iconic must-read.

Hmmmm how about Nevernight. Also by Jay Kristoff an Aussie Author! Really super grim but PLEASE READ. Need more convincing? I wrote a review for YOU here!

Great Barrier Reef: A book that had you gaping in awe
This Shattered World. This book was amazing! It had me gaping in awe because I DIDN'T LIKE BOOK 1! I think I might have to re-read book 1 because This Shattered World got 5 Stars and I just finished book 3 which got 4 Stars!

Pavlova: A light, and fluffy book that you can’t help but love. (don't know what's with the book gif but I obviously wanted to include ponies just try and ignore it)
*Resists urge to say Unexpected Everything again because I have said that to basically every single question* I'm finding it hard to say a book that's just fluffy and doesn't get too deep. Maybe, Jenny Han books are always good! But even sometimes they can stray away from the fluffy genre! ARHHH I think I just read a lot of books that include disastrous situations.



Milo: A genre/author you reach for to get you out of a reading slump
CONTEMPORARY BOOKS! High fantasy novels or fantasy generally put me in a slump, so naturally I read contemporary to get me back! I love contemporaries so much!

*When I'm in a slump*
Contemporaries:

 You've been Tagged:
Aussie Bookish Friends Chat: DanielleBec, SamNatLissaMolly, Aentee, Casey, Steph & Sarah anyone from that chat I missed.

Also...

Can't wait to see your posts! Tag them with #AussieBookTag to let us know you are doing the tag! Tag others after you have done the tag!!! 

Make sure to check out Ngoc's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrgw4RQywtE

And her Twitter: https://twitter.com/happycomesf1rst 


4 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed the Unexpected everything and loved Clark and the text chats the emoji convos were hilarious 😁 I really need to get on This Fractured Light i mean hackers and con artists? Why haven't I picked this up sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW AMAZING IS CLARK?! I loved the texts too! Please do pick up This Fractured Light! You can't get much better than con artists and hackers!

      Delete
  2. This is such a brilliant tag! I'm definitely going to tag myself, if that's okay? Haha! I really need to read Nevernight and The Starbound Trilogy. It's also good to hear you liked The Crown's Game. I haven't read it yet but I was super excited for it then everyone was giving 1-3 stars and I was worried haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Tag yourself I can't wait to see your tag, just say I have tagged you! PLEASE READ THEM BOTH! ALSO, PLEASE PICK UP THE CROWNS GAME!!!! The hype was a lot but I loved it!

      Delete